Tuesday, October 10, 2006



Keaira on Vimeo
Chinese parents generally want three things before they croak:
1) Successful children that grow up to be either a doctor, lawyer, engineer (Computer preferred) or businessman - Don't know where art fits in.
2) Want their offspring to take care of them when they get grey and old,
3) And all have an internal clock that says, “hey, give me some grandkids.”
I think achieving two of the three is attainable in my lifetime but if I ever get all three… I'd be the Michael Jordan of asian persuasion in my parents eyes.

My sister is definitely one up on me. With the newest addition of Keaira Lui, my parents can rest easy that one of us is on the ball. More importantly, she has temporarily deflected the “when are you going to get married?” and “your grandma wants to be another great grandma…” I guess Special K has already begun helpin’ her one (and only) uncle… Although every Chinese male you meet is always called uncle for some reason or another.


My parents are grandparents and my niece is a half Caucasian half Chinese Mormon baby… What’d I miss? Somewhere between trying to find matching socks in the laundry to figuring our what the hell coriander is at the grocery store… all this stuff happened. It’s ironic living life constantly thinking about things you want to do or become but never pondering about what is changing around you.

We all know how fast time can fly by so it’s important to catch even a glimpse of the most insignificant moments cause’ in the end, every moment adds up to a lifetime of something… So I guess I better make that lifetime a good one.

Keaira: Welcome to the world!

No comments: