Tuesday, October 24, 2006


The Longest-Losing Streak

I’ve been had.
I’ve been taken.
Conned and cheated.
I’ve been deceived,
Been used.
I’ve been lied to and dealt with.
I’ve been beaten,
Been caught.
Been burnt,
Been broken.
I’ve been just about any place no one wants to be.

But I’ll always stand up,
Keep fighting.
I’ll never stop believing,
Stop trying.
I won’t quit,
Won’t fear
Won’t lie down or
Die.
I’ll never leave,
Never stop pursuing.
I’ll always keep dreaming,
Keep imagining.
I'll never lose faith
And always have my spirit.
I can just about be any place I want to be
-Wes Lui


I’ve had the longest losing streak in the world; I’ve lost all my life. It may be even fair to say that life has dealt me blows that would make anyone want to give up. The sun doesn’t shine on many parts of my life right now, leaving it dry and tasteless.

But for one reason or another, I hit that one perfect golf swing that drops the ball 2 feet from the cup or score that deaked out goal in a beer league hockey game that gives me the slightest sliver of hope… not much, just enough to tough it out.
It’s the thought of the how and the when that keeps me fighting. Thoughts like how I will change today to be a better person… I remind myself each morning as the cold shower beads off my face trying to make me feel new.
It’s the when I will see JLM again that triggers the slightest momentum for me to think, “I can do this.”

I may have lost a lot and will in deed lose a lot more battles but I can’t help but believe one day I’ll win, its only a matter of when – and for me the when is always soon… and while the soon maybe tomorrow or twenty years from now – I have to believe that soon is better then never.

I may have been just about any place that no one wants to be… but I know my spirit and my soul is in the right place and that trumps any losing streak.

"Sometimes I think life is just around the corner, waiting for me to use it... So why am I standing here. Life can be spend standing but it feels so much better when your moving. Change your perspective, change your mind." -- Is it bad that I always talk to myself?

This usually gets my ass in gear. Never stop using your imagination and eventually it will help you create a better place. Can't lose forever.

1 comment:

Man of the House said...

Forever is a long time. Just remember that HoC is in your corner and we won't let you go without a fight.